Friday, June 1, 2007

Sweeping 12th Street


Last night was our third Bible Study in 12th Street. There were about 20 people came. I started teaching them about prayer, its function, its importance, and its result. After that I group them into four and pray for one another. At first, people were laughing, not really used to praying. But after that, they said, it’s good.

A 14-year old boy named Jeff accepted the Lord during the Bible study last week. He is “gay”. And when I told him about why there are homosexuals, he started crying and I prayed for him. He went to church last Sunday and totally dressed manly. I was very happy. But he wasn’t in the Bible study last night. So I asked one of his friends to show me where Jeff was. So we found him working in a junk shop and staying with a 15-year old lesbian who has a live-in partner. So many words to say, but I don’t think it’s quite helpful this time. I just held his hand and I said I miss you, Jeff. As I left the place, I felt heavy in my spirit. There are many people to help, too many people who are lost, and too many people who need God.

This morning, I couldn’t find words to say to the Lord. I am so grateful that I can talk to Him like that. We can commune with Him even times that we don’t know what to say. Because He knew exactly what is going on inside of us. And then suddenly a verse came to my mind.
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for the Lord
has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to tell those who mourn
that the time of the Lord’s favor has come,
And with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.
To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beautify for ashes
A joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
Isaiah 62:1

He said, “When you go to these people, when you shake their hands, when you listen and talk to them, I am just standing right next to you”. I cried and cried. And I said, God, thank you. That means you can hear them too. Then He also said, I am going to sweep this place, I will take away the dirt and trash anything that is not of Me. I will bring righteousness into this place. What you see is physical, but I am going to sweep this place spiritually that will take effect on the physical”.

I was awed and humbled and I said, “Ok, Lord, let it be.”

1 comment:

FlipFlop Mom said...

AWESOME!! thank You for sharing this!!!