Sunday, May 20, 2007

Home Evangelism in 12th Street

My co-staff Jomelyn, William and I started the first Bible Study Amy’s house at about 5 o’clock in the afternoon last Friday, May 19, 2007. We had it outside the house because it cannot accommodate 15 people. However, I sense the excitement and the joy as each person come to see what is going to happen. I thought at first it’ll be casual since it is the first time. We planned to have fellowship and get to know one another. Nevertheless, the Holy Spirit moved and 10 friends of Amy accepted the Lord right there and then. Some having their tears in their eyes as we prayed for them. Amazing!

William led the worship, Jomelyn shared her testimony and I shared the Word. I shared that the Lord’s eyes are on them and He sent the three of us to tell that He knows every need, every cry and every tear, every shattered dream. He wants to restore hope in them. He wants to restore their lives and their families back together again. Jesus is the answer to every need they have.

Suddenly Aling Adelina said that she was feeling dizzy. She could smell “marijuana”. I did not know the smell of it. Someone told me that 12th St is a place where drugs are being sold. Men, women, and even children are selling drugs there. I did not know that part. Little did I know that I was stepping onto the enemy’s ground. However, its not really his, It’s the Lord’s and its mine to take as an inheritance from Him. I believe the Lord wants this community back to Him.

Keep praying! Thank you…

1 comment:

Nils Ingar said...

Gay Ann! Taking ground, step by step. That's the way:) God bless you, and your work.