Last Friday, I woke up at 3 in the morning. I was feeling so restless, so hurting and so heavy in my spirit. As I was lying down, I said, "God, please speak to me. Speak to my heart. Speak to my mind, and speak to my bones. One word from You will make me feel better." And then He said, "Go to the wounded, go to the hurting, go to the poor, go to the oppressed."
I wonder how many people go to sleep with tears in their eyes - how many people who don't know how to deal with unbearable pain? Oh, how they need the Lord! Even though there are 6 billion in the whole world, God has His eyes on each one of us. He is looking at us individually all at the same time. His eyes are full of compassion as He gently wipes away the tears falling on our faces. He feels and touches every wound - every scar in our hearts - comforting us.
That day, before going to work, I walked straight to 12th street where the squatter area is. I met an old lady who has been paralyzed for 5 years. As I approached her with a smile her countenance changed, to a smile. I talked to her for sometime and when I asked to pray for her, her face lit up some more. After praying for her, I asked her if there had been people going there to do Bible studies. And she said, “None.” I said, "I will come back and visit you again."
I met another lady named Tina. She is staying with a friend. Her arm is paralyzed also because she'd had a stroke. Her husband is in prison and her 5 children are all scattered to different relatives because she couldn't take care of them. She asked me if I know someone who would like to hire her as a saleslady, or even a housemaid. She said, "My left arm may be paralyzed but my right arm is strong". I felt like crying but I held back my tears. I said to her, "You know the world keeps on rotating. The sun still rises up in the morning and sets at night time. It means everyday there is hope." She said, “Yes, I believe that." I saw her left wrist has many scars. I asked her, "What happened?" "Oh, it’s nothing. There were times I wanted to end my life." I prayed for her and invited her to church. She will come with me today, or, I hope she will. In the back of my head I think, "If this girl doesn't get ministered too soon, she may end up working as a prostitute in the bar." As I left the place, I was thinking of my own pain and how God uses it for me to look at people the way He looks at them. He deeply cares and cries out for these people. He is so close to the broken hearted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment